Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Truth, Confidence & Passion

The truth is hard to find

I am truly amazed at how each little piece of truth unveils itself when we are open to it. I'll tell you pieces of my story that become me over time.

I have learned that confidence is the way to truth and truth is the way to confidence. I see obstacles to finding both when I follow, go along with people, try to fit in and do what is expected. The obvious question is why bother to do all that? The answer is not so clear. How do we know when we are doing it? Think about it...if you have spent a life time trying to fit in, wouldn't you always feel displaced, crappy & vulnerable? And then how would you know how to stop it, to re-program every cell in your entire body to respond differently than you always have? And how would you feel confidence when your accomplishments are not truly yours?

By the way, this is not a 6 week program! Just so you know.

I have never felt happier and more comfortable in my own skin than I do today. I do not hide all of what makes me, me, not anymore. I like wearing neon and dancing to the beat of my own drum everyday. Every single time I do what my heart tells me to do, I gain confidence and learn the truth that has been in there all along, ever since I was a toddler singing and performing on my kiddie dining set.

Many times I cry for the little girl who missed so many years learning everything the hard way. Other times I cry for everything I have today and the formidable feeling of finding what I want in life. Most of these are tears of joy to have gotten this far.

So I say: Cindy, what do you want? My first answer almost always includes what everyone else needs around me. Then I say: Cindy, think about it. What do YOU really want? Then I try to weed it out and many times drive my hubby crazy with too many verbal thoughts:) Then when I am brave enough to make a decision, I figure it out. Lots of times it's oops, I should've been more honest with myself and others. I'm learning.

I have definitely simplified a major life-changing process that I am going though here. If you know the depth of truth and you understand making decisions that will affect everyone around you after a life-time of pleasing people, then you know the emotional, mental, spiritual and physical toils of my journey.

I believe it started when I finally completed my Masters in Education. I swore to then make a list of all the fun classes I would like to do. There was born, a dancer. The expression of dance, the escape, the release, the creativity, the feeling, the confidence; it all started to revive the wild, wonderful dreams of childhood fantasy. 

Flashback
Once upon a time there was a little girl who loved to dance, but she was a bit chunky and she had flat feet. She couldn't dance very well compared to the others and would never be really good at it, so she gave up ....................... until NOW! 



Find Your PASSION  & OWN IT


Until next time,
Cindy

3 comments:

  1. Next I would like to write about courage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday I will be as cool as you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stick with me Cam and you'll get closer everyday. I love you.

    ReplyDelete